Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I was in a mental hospital last night

Last night's dream was long and involved.  I was committed to a dismal mental hospital, paint peeling on the walls, nasty staff.....a la "Snakepit".  LOL.  I was trying to leave, but they would keep dragging me back.  The equipment was something out of a steampunk movie! Very scary Victorian nightmare!   Outside was all dark and stormy. (I woke up and got a drink of water, and went back to bed.)  I returned to the hospital, but the attendent said I could accompany a group of patients on a trip to town.
We walked in a line, with attends watching us closely.  The rain was pouring down.  We got to town, which was a classic main street with covered sidewalk.  The only place open was a strange bookstore.
I started browsing the shelves...it was filled with lost works, unknown books by my favorite authors!
Poe and Mark Twain had all kinds of books,  I was so excited.  I started to stack the books I wanted on the floor.  I was just opened "Return of Dracula" by Bram Stoker, when I woke.
It would be wonderful to have more books from my favorite authors, and more ancient histories to have survived!