Thursday, July 21, 2016

Bizarre and odd---and not a dream My Doppelganger.

When I was younger, I lived in Tempe Arizona. I had a townhouse and a Mustang Cobra with T-tops.
I worked at a produce warehouse as an accountant.

One day one of the drivers came up to my office and said--Vivian, the weirdest thing happened!
He told me that he was doing a delivery at the Tempe store and he saw me looking at the produce.
He came up to me and asked me why I wasn't at work.  The lady said he was mistaken, and he thought she was kidding-then he realized it wasn't me.

A few days later I was at the Mesa mall shopping for perfume.  An elderly lady came up and called me Victoria or Veronica or some other V name.  I said excuse me?  And she looked totally shocked.
She said I looked just like her grand-daughter.   She was very embarrassed.

A few days later, I met my Mom and Jim at Dennys for breakfast in Tempe.  They said the weirdest thing happened.  They saw me driving my Mustang down the freeway.  They caught up with me and beeped--I just looked at them and kept on driving.  Jim realized the car didn't have T-tops, but was a convertable.  They realized she was not me.

A few days later, I went to my townhouse association for new keys to the pool.  I knew the lady there and she told me there was someone in the duplex part of the community who looked just like me, sounded like me, even drove the same car as I did.  She told me her first name, and it was a V name.
I am not sure if it was Victoria or Veronica.

Again, a few days later and I am in Mesa browsing in Toys R Us.  A man came up and said Where have you been?  Everyone's worried.  I told him I didn't know what he meant.  He told me to stop fooling around.  I had to show ID to prove I wasn't her.

The next week I eloped to Las Vegas, got married, and later sold the townhouse.

Later I told the story to my friend Monica, and she said it was my doppelganger and if we met, the world would explode.  As good a reason as any!